Our cricket club insurance partner ExtraCover Insurance have provided some guidance on holding your Cricket World Cup event at your cricket club.
If your cricket club is holding an event to celebrate the Cricket World Cup this season, here’s some guidance from our insurance partners ExtraCover Insurance.
The standard ExtraCover Insurance policy extends to cover the Clubs Public Liability to everyone for any World Cup Event organised by the club for the benefit of the club.
• accidental injury to members of the public or accidental loss of or damage to third party property up to £5,000,000 any one claim;
• accidental injury to members of the public or accidental loss of or damage to third party property caused by Products supplied by the club up to £5,000,000 any one period of insurance;
The cover automatically includes:
• liability arising from the sale or supply of food and drink and other goods;
• social functions and meetings
• Property Owners’ Liability
• car park responsibility
• legal and other costs and expenses in connection with the defence of any valid claim*
*Excluding the first £100 of any claim in respect of loss of or damage to third party property.
The policy also extends to cover your Volunteers working for the club during an event via the Employers Liability section.
Employers’ Liability cover is required for, Bar staff, cleaners, ground staff, persons under work experience, voluntary helpers etc whether or not gainfully employed.
It is also a legal requirement for clubs employing any other persons on a full or part time basis.
This section covers the Club’s legal liability to employees for death or injury happening in the course of their employment with the club up to £10,000,000 any one claim.
There are documents available which your committee might want to check over to make sure your club is prepared for additional visitors.
To request the forms, or if you have any questions or queries please call the ExtraCover Insurance team for free on 0800 280301 or email email@example.com
If you club is not covered by ExtraCover Insurance and you’d still like some advice feel free to call or email.