Junior AGM Notes, held at Elton Vale CC, 12noon, 25 February 2018
30 people in attendance (22 clubs represented)
· Entries received for 212 Junior teams
· All teams split into East or West section
· Within those section the 1st part of season has been split geographically again
· The structure for each age group depend on the number of teams entered for that age group in that area
· Teams will then move to a performance league depending on the position in the geographical league for the remainder of the season
o Again depending on number of teams and structure will effect if results are carried forward to the performance league
· All age groups aimed at getting as close to 14 games in 14 (term time) weeks as possible running form week beginning Sunday 22nd April to w/b 22nd July.
· Age groups, days and times
o U9s Mondays 6.30pm – 6-a-side tournaments with 6/4 teams playing at 1 venue
o U11 Wednesdays 6.30pm – 8-a-side Pairs
o U13s Sunday 9.30am – 11-a-side
o U13s Pairs - Sunday 9.30am 10-a-side Pairs
o U15s Monday 6.30pm
o U18s Wednesday 6.30pm
· The above had been formed after feedback form the 2017 Season
· Result recording and scoresheets have to be better
o Region administrators to support
· Get the game on
o We will be asking all clubs to communicate with each other to get the game on
o Asking all clubs to put the children first and not winning a competition
· Sunday 4th March is the deadline for any amendments to team entries – PLEASE do all you can to have final entries for this date as changes may well effect the number of games teams play.
· Team playing on different days – A small number of requests to play on different days had been received. Although the league would like standard days for age groups (to improve the numbers and quality) they would like to accommodate these requests. There was no objection from the floor. These teams are highlighted on the structure sheet.
Under 9s – It is apparent that a number of teams have only entered 1 team thinking it was 10 or 11 a side. It is 6-a-side, if you have 2 teams they WILL play at the same venue.
· Rearranging games – ‘Get the Game On’ wherever possible! Coaches need to agree
o date to the league within 3 days of the original fixture
o Game to be played within 2 weeks of the original fixture
o Game must be played before the last scheduled fixture date
· Regional administrators – a few volunteered on the day, but we still need some more, very little work involved, just supporting and ensuring results are up to date
· Fixtures aim to be out week commencing 11 March
· League Representative Teams – work is going on to find coaches for the U12, U14 and Colts (U18s) and information about a selection process will be announced.
· It was announced that The Mailing Room have been acquired as the Junior Sponsor for the 2018 season
· End of Season GMCL Championship game East v West and Summer Cup competition to be announced
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org