With more cup games this weekend, please see the following reminders for player eligibility
First XI Cup Player Eligibility
There are very limited exceptions to first team eligibility for the Cup
- For all rounds, you cannot play in 1s if you have played in the same round for 2s
- For quarter final onwards, apart from a deputy pro properly appointed, the following players must have played at least 4 games for the club (league or cup but not gmcl) to be eligible, namely Category 3 players
- Anyone who has played open age first class or list A in any country in the 3 years prior to 31/5 in the year in question
Second XI Cup Player Eligibility
There are a number of eligibility restrictions on playing in the second team cups. These restrictions do not apply to junior exempt players
- If the 1s and 2s play on the same day, then there are no restrictions except that only Category 1 players can play 2s and no person on the club's List A starred players can play 2s in the cup
- If a player has played in the 1s in a particular round that player cannot play for the 2s in the same round
- Once a club's 1s has been knocked out, a player cannot play in the 2s in the next and subsequent rounds if the player has played 50% or more of his personal league games kn the 1s at the time of the 2s cup game.
Third XI & Fourth XI Cup Player Eligibility
There are a number of eligibility restrictions on playing in the third and fourth team cups. These restrictions do not apply to junior exempt players
- Only category 1 players can play in these cups
- No starred players can play in these cups
- In all rounds where the 3s and 4s are playing, a player cannot play in the 4s in a particular round if they have played in the same round for the 3s and vice versa.
- In addition, there is a further restriction that after round 1 a player can only play 3s or 4s cup if they have played at least 50% of their personal league games on the 3s and 4s.
Ineligible players in your team can attract a penalty