GMCL Board Meeting – Held on ZOOM, remotely
May 28th, 2020
- Chairman’s report – Martin Kay
- Apologies sent from MK.
- Cricket Lead Report – Mike Hall
- Premier League Application – Informed the board that the Premier League application has been sent to the ECB. They are reviewing the words and the evidence; this is then passed to a committee at Lords. No date on this yet. Thanked all for their support and hard work.
- Flagged to the board that we will have to think how we operate going forward, surrounding performance report mechanisms required by the ECB. Mike will put a paper together on how we manage ourselves to comply with this. We will need to evolve and effect positive change..
- May 28th Update – No 1st class Cricket until 1st August. Recreational cricket continues to be suspended until further notice, not before 1st August. Unlikely to see any league cricket, in the traditional sense, this year.
- Phase 1 – Opportunity for cricket – Focus on junior activity to play some form of cricket.
- Compliance Lead Report – Bill Elkin
- Ball order Update - Half order of balls packed and ready to ship. Would be easiest for clubs to purchase balls now, and have them for next season.
- 60% of ball invoices paid.
- Little activity on finance front.
- Restarting Cricket
- Agreed to reiterate the ECB guidance, should any questions be directed towards the league.
- Planning stage deferred for the time being.
- CricHQ Update – Simon Lowndes
- Latest correspondence surrounding subs for players. Nothing confirmed.
- Marketing & PR – Kieran Coe
- Marston's and Carlsberg to merge to form CMBC. Carlsberg and Marstons.
- Brewing restarting at start of July
- Legal & Regulation – Richard Hepworth
- Discipline – David Fare
- Umpires – Alan Naylor
- Good take up in online umpires courses, with a number of GMCL umpires completing stage 1 courses.
- Integration – Thomas George
- Junior Cricket – Nigel Stock
- Club & Player Liaison – Will Halton.
- Met with Jen Barden & Meg Fairclough.
- Meg Fairclough will take on a roll with the GMCL. Women and Girls Cricket Lead. Non-executive role.
- Questionnaire lined up for clubs to answer what their girls and women’s situations and set up’s are.
- Any other business
Groundsman update – Update from grounds association now on GMCL website.
Next meeting - Thursday 18th June – 20:00